VBrick Systems IP Video Solutions
VBrick Systems’ solutions connect a presenter or an entire event to an audience using video. It may be a live executive broadcast or webcast, an instructor teaching a class, or the launch of a new product. It could as easily involve networking TV channels to an employee’s desktop, or conveying a message to digital signs throughout a building or campus. In all cases, VBrick solutions can record that video content, store it and make it easy to search and watch later on a TV, PC, smartphone or tablet.
VBrick IP Video solutions serve five primary applications:
Live meeting and event broadcast:
- Executive broadcasts
- Extending video conferencing sessions
- Marketing events / training sessions
On-demand rich media content management and distribution:
- Enterprise “YouTube”
- Lecture capture and training content
- Web site content
- Desktop TV
- Digital Signage integration
- Classroom curriculum integration
- Campus-wide notices
- Corporate common areas
- Convention centers
Surveillance and monitoring:
- Border security and battlefield reconnaissance
- Process monitoring
- Intelligent transportation systems
VBrick elements include purpose built appliances, purpose built cards and chassis, applications loaded on custom hardware, applications loaded on commercial off-the-shelf hardware and software only. Many solutions are sold as software only so they can be loaded on a server of the customer’s choosing, assuming it meets the required performance criteria.
VBrick solutions complement the entire Avaya video offer. VBrick solutions leverage LDAP and Active Directory so single sign-on is a standard part of a solution. VBrick also offers a Video Conference Streaming Gateway (part of VBrick’s Distributed Media Engine) that includes a SIP UA. The gateway can be integrated with Avaya’s video conferencing portfolio to act as a peer in a video conference. As a member of the conference the gateway ingests the video, transforms it and streams it into the rest of the VBrick ecosystem. The video can then be broadcast to thousands of users as well as recorded and stored for future playback.
VBrick elements typically require 100/1000 Base-T connections. In environments where live broadcasts are desired, multicast is often used (typically on the LAN not the WAN) to reduce the bandwidth consumption across the network. In those instances infrastructure should be evaluated to determine the level of support available.
VBrick builds and integrates elements required to deliver a premise or Cloud-based Enterprise IP Video platform, with a highly reliable, easily deployed and easily used IP Video solution suite. VBrick solutions integrate with UC solutions, extend video conferencing and allow users to capture, manage, distribute and display video.
- Video and audio encoding
- Rich media integration
- TV signal gateway
- Media management
- Media storage
- Unified Communications platform integration
- Video networking
- Video transformation
- Video-on-Demand serving
- Software-based decoding (players)
- Hardware-based decoding
- Digital signage play-out
The key benefits of VBrick’s IP Video platform include:
- Deliver a high-impact message to employees, customers, shareholders, resellers – regardless of location
- Save money on meeting and event costs
- Improve the ROI of sales and marketing dollars
- Elevate the effectiveness of training / education programs
- Be informed of events that will impact business, mission, etc.
- Produce and share on-demand rich media content – while managing security, network use, etc.
- Monetize content over the public Internet
VBrick Systems IP Video Solutions are available globally through authorized VBrick Systems business partners.
This solution is also available from Avaya sales or authorized Avaya Connect channel partners participating in the Avaya DevConnect Select Product Program. Availability may vary by country.
For more information about VBrick Systems or to learn how to purchase the VBrick Systems IP Video Solutions, click the Request Info button at the top right.
VBrick Systems Distributed Media Engine r3.0.2 tested with:
- Avaya Aura® Session Manager r6.2 and Avaya Aura® Communication Manager r6.2 using Avaya one-X® Communicator r6.1 and Avaya Desktop Video Device r1.1 - October 2012
Note: Additional DevConnect Application Notes may be available for older releases of VBrick Systems solutions and Avaya products. Please refer to the Search DevConnect Tested Solutions information in the About Avaya DevConnect menu for access to those materials.
No reviews yet.